The foundation for all modern economic thought and political economy, The Wealth of Nations is the magnum opus of Scottish economist Adam Smith, who introduces the world to the very idea of economics and capitalism in the modern sense of the words. Smith details his argument in five books:
- Book I. Of the Causes of Improvement in the Productive Power of Labour
- Book II. Of the Nature, Accumulation, and Employment of Stock Introduction
- Book III. Of the Different Progress of Opulence in Different Nations
- Book IV. Of Systems of Political Economy
- Book V. Of the Revenue of the Sovereign or Commonwealth
Taken together, these books form a giant leap forward in the field of economics. A product of the "Age of Enlightenment," The Wealth of Nations is a must for all who wish to gain a better understanding of the principles upon which all modern capitalistic economies have been founded and the process of wealth creation that is engendered by those principles.
Das sagen andere Hörer zu The Wealth of NationsBewertung
Rezensionen - mit Klick auf einen der beiden Reiter können Sie die Quelle der Rezensionen bestimmen.
- Igal Marcelo Hernan Zimmt
Learned a lot about the basics economics
great book recommended also after almost 300 years, the book is still actual..
In order to understand the basics economics one needs to read/hear this book.
3 Leute fanden das hilfreich