From 1939-1946 Americans gathered around their radio to listen to The New Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, featuring Basil Rathbone as the high-strung crime solver and Nigel Bruce as his phlegmatic assistant, Dr. Watson.
Witty, fast-paced, and always surprising, these great radio plays, written by the prolific writing team of Anthony Boucher and Denis Green, are as fresh today as they were then.
The latest audio technology was employed to bring the best audio quality and fidelity to the original performances, which feature nostalgic wartime announcements, original commercials, and radio narrations.
This special audio edition includes:
- "Murder in the Casbah" and "The Tankerville Club"
- "The Strange Case of the Murderer in Wax" and "The Man With The Twisted Lip"
- "The Guileless Gypsy" and "The Camberville Poisoners"
- "The Terrifying Cats" and "The Submarine Cave"
- "The Living Doll" and "The Disappearing Scientists"
- "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" and "The Purloined Ruby"