Jetzt kostenlos testen
Manipulation: A Psychologist's Guide to Detect Emotional Manipulation, Spot Mind Control Tricks of Influence & Persuasion Tactics to Defend Against It
- Psychology Self-Help, Volume 3
- Gesprochen von: Eva R. Marienchild
- Serie: Psychology Self-Help Books, Titel 3
- Spieldauer: 2 Std. und 5 Min.
- Ungekürztes Hörbuch
- Kategorien: Gesundheit & Wellness, Seelische & Geistige Gesundheit
Imagine how different your life would be if you could spot the manipulation tactics people use against you and know the influence and persuasion techniques to defend against it.
Almost every person will suffer some form of manipulative behavior at some stage in their life, it's unavoidable. Whether it's an overt form of intimidation and bullying in the workplace or more subtle covert manipulation within a relationship. It's much more prevalent than you think. But most people aren't equipped with the right observation strategies to pick-up on it, or the right mental make-up to deal with it.
Katherine Chambers is an ex Stanford Psychologist who specializes in all forms of neuroscientific and psychotherapy subjects. However, it wasn't until she left college life and entered the "real world" that she started to understand these theoretical topics in a practical sense. Over the past 15 years she has built a multi-six-figure consulting business and a family of her own. But it wasn't all plain sailing; she has gone through more than her fair share of manipulative relationships along the way.
In this insightful and functional book, Chambers gives listeners a firsthand look into the scientific subjects she studied within academia as well as a practical real life guide on how to:
- Spot covert manipulation occurring
- Understand why people do what they do
- Identify the warning signs that you are being manipulated
- Develop practical persuasion and influence techniques to defend against it
- Master the mechanics of verbal and non-verbal communication
- Deal with manipulation in any relationship
- Raise your overall confidence and self-esteem to immunize yourself going forward