Jetzt kostenlos testen
I Know What to Do, So Why Don't I Do It?
- The New Science of Self-Discipline
- Gesprochen von: Nick Hall
- Serie: Nightingale-Conant: Personal Development
- Spieldauer: 10 Std. und 5 Min.
- Kategorien: Beziehungen, Elternschaft & persönliche Entwicklung, Persönliche Entwicklung
Stop not doing what you know you should do!
You might think laziness, lack of willpower, and/or low motivation are to blame for the fact that you aren't achieving your goals. But fascinating research in the field of psychoneuroimmunology has revealed another, far more likely possibility. One with the potential to transform your life in a dramatic way.
The typical excuses for not doing what you know you should - I'm too stressed out... I don't have the time... I don't have the energy, etc. - are, in fact, manifestations of a complex, interconnected web of psychological, chemical, and neurological factors.
When activated, these factors can effectively paralyze you - making it virtually impossible for you to take the actions needed to create change in your life.
In other words, even if you're highly motivated...if you've got these internal circumstances operating, you aren't going to be able to do it.
But while the biochemistry may be complex, the solutions are actually quite simple.
Dr. Nick Hall reveals these solutions - and the fascinating science behind them - in I Know What to Do, So Why Don't I Do It? You'll learn:
- An extraordinarily powerful stress-fighting tool that very few people take advantage of.
- An easy way to instantly regain control and stay focused in an emotional emergency.
- Six things to do when you think you've taken on more than you can accomplish in the time you have.
- The mistake almost everyone makes when they organize their to-do list.
- A simple exercise that can instantly tell you which side of your brain is dominant at any given time.
- The first-thing-in-the-morning action that will literally reset your internal clock and have a profoundly positive impact on your energy level for the rest of the day (and it is SO easy to do!).
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.
Das könnte dir auch gefallen
Weitere Titel des Sprechers
Das sagen andere Hörer zu I Know What to Do, So Why Don't I Do It?Bewertung
Rezensionen - mit Klick auf einen der beiden Reiter können Sie die Quelle der Rezensionen bestimmen.
- T. L.
Is almost pure clickbait
Nick Hall knows a lot about biochemistry, which he delves into great detail with. The problem is that the title leads one to believe that the book is a mptivational, more psychlogical treatise.
Of course it isn't a surprise that athletes run a higher risk of illness at higher states of exhaustion. Neither is that being stressed isn't always healthy.
The actual topic, however, never surfaced. Add to that that the audio is mediocre quality, there's introductory jingles at times, advertisements for Nick Hall, and it's just recordings of live events.
My recommendation is to avoid this ripoff.
17 Leute fanden das hilfreich
Great. Simply, great.
The nice thing about this audio-book is that's it not an audio-book but a live recording of an event. That makes digesting the content a lot easier.
If you have read already other books about self-development than this one won't bear any big news or surprises. Still, there are a many little things that shift your perception and open up a new perspective. You will have to listen to it a couple of times to be able to develop a plan for yourself. Nick Hall offers many insights with a solid scientific background. It's not a must read but certainly, it is NOT a waste of money an time.
3 Leute fanden das hilfreich