Jetzt kostenlos testen
The Warded Man (1 of 2) [Dramatized Adaptation]
- Demon Cycle, Book 1, Part 1
- Gesprochen von: Ken Jackson, Richard Rohan, Terence Aselford, Colleen Delany, Delores King Williams, Elizabeth Jernigan, James Lewis, Christopher Graybill, Nick DePinto, Thomas Penny, Steven Carpenter
- Serie: The Demon Cycle, Titel 1, Dramatized Adaptation, Part 1
- Spieldauer: 7 Std. und 9 Min.
- Originalaufnahme Hörbuch
- Kategorien: Science Fiction & Fantasy, Fantasy
Mankind has ceded the night to the corelings, demons that rise up out of the ground each day at dusk, killing and destroying at will until dawn, when the sun banishes them back to the Core. As darkness falls, the world’s few surviving humans hide behind magical wards, praying the magic can see them through another night. As years pass, the distances between each tiny village seem longer and longer. It seems nothing can harm the corelings, or bring humanity back together.
Born into these isolated hamlets are three children. A Messenger teaches young Arlen that fear, more than the demons, has crippled humanity. Leesha finds her perfect life destroyed by a simple lie and is reduced to gathering herbs for an old woman more fearsome than the demons at night. And Rojer’s life is changed forever when a traveling minstrel comes to his town and plays his fiddle.
But these three children all have something in common. They are all stubborn and know that there is more to the world than what they’ve been told, if only they can risk leaving their safe wards to find it.
Performed by Ken Jackson, Richard Rohan, Terence Aselford, Colleen Delany, Delores King Williams, Elizabeth Jernigan, James Lewis, Christopher Graybill, Nick DePinto, Thomas Penny, Steven Carpenter, Michael Glenn, Eric Messner, Joe Brack, Mort Shelby, Michael John Casey, Joseph Thornhill.