Jetzt kostenlos testen
- A Captivating Guide to a Remarkable Period in European History, Including Stories of People Such as Galileo Galilei, Michelangelo, Copernicus, Shakespeare, and Leonardo da Vinci
- Gesprochen von: Richard L. Walton
- Spieldauer: 3 Std. und 11 Min.
- Ungekürztes Hörbuch
- Kategorien: Bildung & Lernen, Bildung
If you want to discover the captivating history of the Renaissance, then pay attention....
“Renaissance” is the French word for “rebirth,” which is given to the period of time between the 14th and 17th centuries in Europe when there was a marked resurgence in classical art, education, philosophy, architecture, and natural sciences.
At its heart, the Renaissance marked a widespread stability that Europe had not known for centuries, coupled with an inevitable desire of people everywhere to learn and express themselves. Education and economic stability transformed Europe into a beacon of high culture that eventually led to the Enlightenment and the Modern Age as we know it.
In The Renaissance, you will discover topics such as:
- A Brief look at pre-Renaissance Europe
- The Black Death
- The Italian Renaissance
- The fall of Constantinople
- The printing press
- Literature of the 15th century
- The new education
- The medics of Florence and France
- The Dutch and Flemish painting revolution
- Leonardo da Vinci
- The Reformation
- The Spanish Inquisition and Renaissance
- France and the wars of religion
- Arts and politics across Renaissance Europe
- The Age of Discovery
- Women’s education
- Galileo Galilea
- English Renaissance under the Tudors
- Shakespeare, Lully, and the new art
- Seers and prophets
- The medical Renaissance
- The persecuted intellectuals
- In the years following the Renaissance
- And much, much more!
Get this audiobook now if you want to learn more about the Renaissance!