"The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord, But the prayer of the upright is His delight. (Proverbs 15:8)
Prayer is the key that unlocks all the storehouses of God’s infinite grace and power.
All that God is, and all that God has, is at the disposal of prayer; but we must use the key. Prayer can do anything that God can do, and since God can do anything, prayer is omnipotent. No one can stand against the person who knows how to pray, who meets all the conditions of prevailing prayer, and who really prays, and if they are willing to pay the price. The price is prayer, much prayer, much real prayer, prayer in the Holy Spirit.
List of chapters
- Ch. 1: The Power of Prayer
- Ch. 2: What Definite and Desirable Results Will Definite and Determined Prayer Produce?
- Ch. 3: What Prayer Can Do for Churches, for the Nation, and for All Nations
- Ch. 4: How to Pray So as to Get What You Ask
- Ch. 5: Who Can Pray so as to Get What They Ask?
- Ch. 6: Praying in the Name of Jesus Christ
- Ch. 7: The Prayer of Faith
- Ch. 8: Praying Through, and Praying in the Holy Spirit
- Ch. 9: Hindrances to Prayer
- Ch. 10: Prevailing Prayer and Real Revival
About the Author
Reuben Archer Torrey traveled all over the world leading evangelistic tours, preaching to the unsaved. It is believed that more than 100,000 were saved under his preaching. Torrey married Clara Smith in 1879, with whom he had five children. In 1908, he helped start the Montrose Bible Conference in Pennsylvania, which continues today.
He became dean of the Bible Institute of Los Angeles (now Biola University) in 1912, and was the pastor of the Church of the Open Door in Los Angeles from 1915 to 1924. Torrey continued speaking all over the world and holding Bible conferences. He died in Asheville, North Carolina, on October 26, 1928.