The 'must have' top tips guide to doing business in Japan.
This “quick fix” guide will give you the inside information on how to do business and cope with business socialising in Japan. Despite what some would have you believe, there’s nothing particularly mysterious or complicated about doing business with the Japanese, but there are some important rules to follow in order to avoid causing offense and to ensure that things go smoothly. The Lowdown: Business Etiquette – Japan will give you practical tips on how to navigate your way through a business trip to Japan, and on how to behave - and how NOT to behave - in both business and business socialising situations.
This guide will help to ensure that you maximise your time in Japan or in dealing with your Japanese business colleagues, thus making you a greater asset to your company and your profession.
We live and work in a global environment - and knowing how to behave with courtesy in other countries allows us to make a great impression and maximise our potential.
Topics Covered Include:
- Preparing for your trip
- Understanding Japanese communication styles
- How to navigate your first business meeting – what to do and what NOT to do!
- Overcoming the language barrier
- Understanding the importance of hierarchy: consensus-building, nemawashi, and protocol
- How to cope with social invitations and understand their critical importance in a business relationship
- Hosting Japanese visitors
- Special tips for women doing business in Japan
- A list of useful phrases