Jetzt kostenlos testen
The Expectant Father
- The Ultimate Guide for Dads-to-Be
- Gesprochen von: Armin A. Brott
- Spieldauer: 10 Std. und 52 Min.
- Ungekürztes Hörbuch
- Kategorien: Beziehungen, Elternschaft & persönliche Entwicklung, Elternschaft & Familienleben
The fourth edition of this best-selling, groundbreaking, information-packed guide for dads-to-be is now significantly updated, revised, and expanded.
We are expecting! The 20th anniversary edition of this thoroughly updated and revised parenting classic remains the most informative and reassuring book for expectant fathers everywhere. In addition to sharing the wisdom of the ages, Armin A. Brott, Mr. Dad, presents new insights into the emotional, financial, and physical - yes, physical - effects of impending parenthood on men. Thanks to this handy reference, moms-to-be will know their partners understand and support them during this anxious and exciting time, and that they have all the tools they need to be fantastic, hands-on dads.
This information-packed month-by-month guide incorporates the expertise of top practitioners in their fields, from obstetricians and birth-class instructors to psychologists and sociologists. It also draws from Brott's own experience as a father of three and from the real-world experiences of the thousands of dads he's interviewed. With the humor of New Yorker cartoons and Brott's gentle approach, The Expectant Father serves as a friendly and listenable companion for dads-to-be seeking confidence, guidance, and joy!
What's new in this edition of The Expectant Father?
- The latest health and safety info
- How technology is changing fatherhood
- How men's brains change by being involved during pregnancy
- Society's shifting expectations for dads
- The amazing effects on children when fathers are active partners before birth
- How prebirth participation makes dads more likely to be active parents postbirth
- Updated resources and new research on the big questions that haven't changed much over the years: Am I really ready to be a dad? How are we going to afford this? How do I balance work and family?
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying reference material will be available in your Library section along with the audio.