Jetzt kostenlos testen
The Complete Guide to the Cane Corso
- Selecting, Raising, Training, Socializing, Living With, and Loving Your New Cane Corso Dog
- Sprecher: Matthew J. Chandler-Smith
- Spieldauer: 5 Std. und 8 Min.
Better known as the Italian Mastiff, the Cane Corso is a large dog with a lot of love and affection for the family. However, they are also one of the best guard dog breeds. Like other guard dogs, their appearance is part of what makes the Cane Corso so intimidating. Its regal appearance hides the fact that this is a breed that can be incredibly playful. They also loath to be away from their family.
There is no doubt that they make great guardians, but proper training and socialization makes them a perfect family dog that can go with you anywhere - which will make everyone happy.
In The Complete Guide to Cane Corsos, you’ll learn everything you need to know to raise a happy, healthy, and sociable Cane Corso puppy.
Chapter topics include:
- Finding your Cane Corso
- Preparing your family
- Preparing your home for a Cane Corso
- Bringing your Cane Corso home
- The multi-pet household
- The first few weeks with your Cane Corso
- Socialization and Cane Corsos
- Training your Cane Corso
- An active and adventurous exercise partner
- Grooming - productive bonding
- Allergies, parasites, and vaccination
- Genetic health concerns common to Cane Corsos
- The aging Cane Corso
Despite being a mastiff breed, the Cane Corso is very active and playful. They do have the typical large mastiff frame and appearance, but their temperament makes them very unique. When in good health, they have obvious muscles that are a perfect indicator of the kind of energy the breed has - unlike their fellow mastiff breeds. Besides their appearance, they do share the same effusive drooling, snorting, and snoring, so you do need to be prepared before your Cane Corso arrives.
If you are entertaining the idea of becoming a Cane Corso owner, or if you already are one - do yourself a favor and listen to this book.