Jetzt kostenlos testen
The Complete Guide to Boston Terriers
- Preparing for, Housebreaking, Socializing, Feeding, and Loving Your New Boston Terrier Puppy
- Gesprochen von: Micah Howery
- Spieldauer: 4 Std. und 44 Min.
- Ungekürztes Hörbuch
Known as the American gentleman, the Boston terrier always appears to be ready for sophisticated fun. But owning one can come with its own set of unique challenges for an owner who is unprepared for the quirks and personality of this lovable, but often mischievous breed.
Written by experienced author and dog owner Vanessa Richie, The Complete Guide to Boston Terriers is an excellent overview of the breed, covering everything a new owner will need to know to successfully raise their BT. Plus, it contains information, tips, and advice from some of the top Boston terrier breeders in the world.
Be prepared to take on the challenges of owning a Boston terrier by learning about:
- Picking the right Boston terrier for your family and home
- Preparing to bring your BT home
- Boston terrier health and wellness
- Integrating your new BT with your current pets
- Boston terrier socialization
- Genetic health concerns common to Boston terriers
- Caring for an aging Boston Terrier
Generally considered a fantastic dog for first-time dog families, the Boston terrier has an incredibly friendly personality that makes him a great addition to any home. Socialization is fairly easy because the breed is naturally friendly. Training may be a bit more difficult, particularly house-training, so do be prepared to put in a lot of extra patience and some extra time to get your puppy to the point where accidents become a thing of the past.
They adore their people, though some are prone to choosing one favorite person, and it will be obvious as they will become like a shadow to their favorite person. This is also a breed that has a wide range of personalities, with some being bouncy and fun, while others are more dignified and mellow. What most of them have in common, though, is how much they enjoy spending time with the people in their lives.