Jetzt kostenlos testen
The Complete Guide to Akitas
- Raising, Training, Exercising, Feeding, Socializing, and Loving Your New Akita Puppy
- Gesprochen von: Kristen Kallen-Keck
- Spieldauer: 3 Std. und 47 Min.
- Ungekürztes Hörbuch
Author Erin Hotovy teamed up with several top-Akita breeders to create the ultimate book for new Akita owners!
The Akita, also known as the Akita Inu, is an ancient spitz breed that is known worldwide for its loyalty and steadfast nature. Akitas have been used for several different purposes throughout the centuries, including hunting, military work, search and rescue, and show-ring work. In 1931, the breed was named a national monument of Japan. These large, powerful dogs tend to be aloof with strangers but are exceptionally affectionate and loyal towards their family members.
Akitas are a powerful and dignified breed, but with a strong independent streak that can be too much to handle for some pet parents. While they are unwaveringly loyal towards their family, they can also be aggressive or territorial with other canines. This book will provide you with clear insight into this breed’s history, behavior, and health, as well as delivering actionable tips and tricks that you can use to refine your dog’s behavior, both at home and out in public.
Covering crucial questions about owning an Akita, including:
- What temperament does the Akita have?
- Selecting an Akita pup from a breeder
- How do I prepare my home for an active Akita pup?
- Diet and nutrition for the Akita breed
- Step-by-step instructions for training the Akita dog
- What is the best way to train and socialize an Akita Inu?