Dear French language student,
Train your French with this Mastering French Literature audiobook by Dr. Brians Languages. This audiobook is based on the classic La Pétition by Frédéric Bastiat, who wrote numerous articles concerning political economics in the mid-1800s. This audiobook is intended for intermediate to advanced French students.
In this satire, Frédéric Bastiat presents himself as a lobbyist vying for laws benefiting the "illumination industry". The proposed laws are to create a monopoly by excluding foreign competition. The suggested goal is to increase the profits for domestic producers. Once the producers increase their profits, the whole economy of France shall benefit. It turns out, however, that the foreign competition to the domestic "illumination industry" is none other than the sun.
In working with our audiobook, you will expand your vocabulary, enhance your listening comprehension, and strengthen your speaking skills. Our Mastering French Literature program consists of three main parts:
- An audio dictionary of words and phrases from the text. With this audio dictionary, you should not have to consult a second dictionary to understand the spoken text
- An audio of the text for training your listening. The text is spoken at normal speed
- Conversation drills to train your speaking abilities
Listen to the three-minute demo to see how the first two work. Visit our website for a demonstration of the third part.
This audiobook contains:
- 300 La Pétition terms, with translation
- 300 La Pétition phrases, with translation
- La Pétition, narrated by Dr. Annette Brians
- 100 conversation drill terms, with translation
- 200 conversation drills
To obtain more details on our program, listen to demo audio, or download the manuscript, please visit our website.
We wish you much success on your language learning journey,
Scott & Dr. Annette Brians