What are the upper limits of human potential?
At the intersection of flow states, mystical experiences, peak performance, and psychedelics lies a mysterious space of possibility. In Mapping Cloud Nine, best-selling author and award-winning journalist Steven Kotler takes us on a heady thrill ride through the history of human potential - and how what we’ve learned so far might unlock even greater levels of creativity, performance, and meaning in our lives.
From Nietzsche to now - a tour of human consciousness
In this six-part audio program, Kotler bridges science and spirituality to explore how our understanding of peak experiences has evolved over time - from early inquiries into altered and mystical states; to the birth of positive psychology and research on high performers; to pioneering studies on meditation and near-death experiences; and into current explorations of psychedelics, flow states, and technological breakthroughs.
A brilliant synthesizer and gifted storyteller, Kotler paints a compelling portrait of our greatest human potential, inspiring us to leverage this growing body of research and step into new realms of possibility.
- The evolutionary impulse for altered states of mind - psychedelics throughout time
- The neurobiology of flow states, mystical experiences, and hallucinations
- The spiritual path and the high-performance path - are they one and the same?
- Altered states lead to altered traits - the next wave of consciousness hacking
- Why bridging the gap between science and spirituality leads to even greater breakthroughs
- How you can leverage flow states for a more meaningful - and interesting - life
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.