Three-time New York Times best-selling author Dan Ariely teams up with legendary The New Yorker cartoonist William Haefeli to present an expanded collection of his immensely popular Wall Street Journal advice column, "Ask Ariely".
Behavioral economist Dan Ariely revolutionized the way we think about ourselves, our minds, and our actions in his books Predictably Irrational, The Upside of Irrationality, and The Honest Truth About Dishonesty. Ariely applies this scientific analysis of the human condition in his "Ask Ariely" Q and A column in the Wall Street Journal, in which he responds to readers who write in with personal conundrums ranging from the serious to the curious:
- What can you do to stay calm when you're playing the volatile stock market?
- What's the best way to get someone to stop smoking?
- How can you maximize the return on your investment at an all-you-can-eat buffet?
- Is it possible to put a price on the human soul?
- Can you ever rationally justify spending thousands of dollars on a Rolex?
In Ask Ariely a broad variety of economic, ethical, and emotional dilemmas are explored and addressed through text and images. Using their trademark insight and wit, Ariely and Haefeli help us reflect on how we can reason our way through external and internal challenges. Listeners will laugh, learn, and most importantly gain a new perspective on how to deal with the inevitable problems that plague our daily lives.