This book is a compilation of beneficial information on trying to conceive with fertility treatments, specifically in-vitro fertilization, and will guide you step-by-step on a journey through:
- The things to consider and the tests to do before deciding that you need fertility treatments
- What you should expect at your initial fertility consultation
- Tips on how to choose the clinic that's right for you
- The stages of a standard IVF, frozen, and natural cycle
- Suggested activities during your two-week wait
- Additional genetic tests to consider after repeated implantation failures or miscarriages
- Finding an IVF support group where you will feel comfortable as well as explanations of the many abbreviations used within them
- Notes on alternative treatments to support IVF, such as acupuncture and fertility massage
- Advice on how to keep it together when the hormonal medication is trying to drag you down
- Fertility-friendly recipes and a collection of 125 valuable tips on everything from administering shots, to maintaining your relationship, nutrition, and much more - lovingly put together by another IVF veteran, Rachel Campbell of Sprout & Co.
Bianca Smith has undergone eight IVF embryo transfers using her own and donor eggs. Amongst other supporting procedures, she has had a hysteroscopy, laparoscopy, intralipid infusions, endo scratch, EmbryoGlue, assisted hatching, and Embryoscope, all of which she describes in detail, including what they are, who should have them, and what they involve.
All the information in this IVF guide is based on Bianca's personal experience, research, and interviews with other women who have been through fertility treatments. It is does not claim to have any medical endorsement, but is written in a casual, "girlfriend-to-girlfriend" manner, and will be a great pocket companion throughout your IVF journey.