If meditation was available in capsule form, it would be the biggest selling drug of all time. It has been scientifically proven to deliver highly effective stress relief, boost our immune systems and dramatically slow the aging process. It has also been shown to make us much happier and more effective thinkers. In this partner recording to Hurry Up and Meditate, David Michie takes the novice meditator by the hand, and provides four guided Buddhist meditations to help you experience for yourself the benefits of these time-honoured and powerful techniques.
- Explaining the best physical and psychological posture (5 mins)
- Introducing two useful tools for your meditations (5 mins)
- Meditation 1 - Body scanning and relaxation (20 mins)
- Be fully present in your body, here and now
- Meditation 2 - Breathing meditation: counting technique (10 mins)
- Combat stress and cultivate inner peace through the breath
- Meditation 3 - Visualisation technique: the cocoon (15 mins)
- Attracting happiness, radiance and contentment through this transformational practice
- Meditation 4 - Analytical meditation: cultivating gratitude (15 mins)
- Enhance appreciation of your life just as it is
David Michie is the best-selling author of Buddhism for Busy People, Hurry Up and Meditate and Enlightenment to Go.