If you want to learn how to fly fish, then get How to Fly Fish guide, which is written by a person with real-life experience in fly fishing.
How to Fly Fish is a beginner's guide to the sport of fly fishing. In it, you will find everything a new fly fisher should know about getting started in this rewarding, lifelong pastime.
You'll learn about:
- Fish, mainly trout - their habits, favorite foods, secret hiding places and how to fool them with a tiny artificial fly
- Equipment - from rods and reels to nets and waders, what to look for in good gear and what you need in a beginner's setup
- Reading water - recognizing structure and current patterns that make for good fly fishing water; temperature, clarity and flow rates for optimal conditions
- Insects - mayflies, caddis flies, stone flies, even grasshoppers; why the fish cannot resist them; selecting artificial flies to match the real thing
- Casting - basic instruction on how to get the fly in the air and onto the water; we'll look at tempo and line management and provide a couple of expert tips
- Hooking and playing a fish - what to do when you hook into a big, strong fish; techniques for working the rod and controlling the line
- Landing and releasing fish - how to handle and remove the hook from a tired trout in as little time as possible, sending it back home alive and well
- Hiring a guide - the benefits of spending a little cash for a lot of experience
- Drift boats - the allure of fly fishing from a river craft designed to maximize your success on the water
- Learning more - where to find the best tips and information on everything from history and conservation to tying your own flies