When we look back, we always remember those few amazing teachers that have made a positive impact in our lives. The term "favorite teacher" doesn't mean you are always the popular teacher, but the teacher that the kids respect and remember for the positive impact that the teacher had on them.
This book is written by a teacher who has impacted the lives of her students and has been termed the "favorite teacher" by many of her students. In this guide, you will learn how to become the best teacher you can be, impact the lives of students, and experience great fulfillment in your career of teaching.
This book provides expert opinions, tips, and personal experiences on how to become a favorite teacher, including:
- What it means to really get to know your students by memorizing their names early on, showing an interest in what they do outside of school, and simply paying attention
- How to remind your students that you are a person - just like them! - who has real-world experience and a life beyond the classroom
- Being in the right mindset to not only laugh with your students, but to be available when they need you and to be a model of politeness and kindness
- What it means to keep in mind that you are teaching children who need role models willing to show them how to be a decent people
- Creating a democratic community of learners in which you are fair, consistent, and firm in your interactions with students
- How to create lessons, assignments, and activities that are authentic and interest-based and which reflect the ways in which people actually function in the real world
- And why it's important to allow yourself time to engage in professional development and personal leave time
About the expert:
Rachel Sawyer teaches middle-school language arts in the Pacific Northwest. She took a nontraditional route to teaching, first earning undergraduate degrees in English Literature and Psychology from the University of Nevada, Reno before earning her BS in Secondary Education from Bowling Green State University.
Das könnte Ihnen auch gefallen
Weitere Titel des Autors
Das sagen andere Hörer zu How to Become the Best Teacher You Can Be
Rezensionen - mit Klick auf einen der beiden Reiter können Sie die Quelle der Rezensionen bestimmen.
<br /><br />Awesome and useful <br />
Awesome listening, very good and useful, I wish I could have listened to it 10times more, it was very exciting.