- Chapter 1: Data Validation Functioning
- Chapter 2: Conditional Formulas
- Chapter 3: Matrixal Functions
- Chapter 4: Vertical Lookup/Horizontal Lookup
- Chapter 5: Management of the Name Box
- Chapter 6: Filters
- Chapter 7: Pivot Tables
- Chapter 8: Make the Most of Macros
- Chapter 9: Modeling Management
- Chapter 10: Power View
Spreadsheets and the programs that create them are as common in the business world as cubicles, and yet many people still don't know how to take full advantage of the software they use to create these ever-present files; despite the fact that it could ultimately save them time, headaches, even money in the long run. If you want to ensure you are getting the most out of your spreadsheet software, then Excel: Strategic Use of the Calc Spreadsheet in Business Environments, Data Analysis and Business Modeling is the book you have been waiting for.
This book is written for those who are already familiar with all of the basics that these programs have to offer and are looking to take their game to another level. It describes everything you need to know when it comes to time-saving things like making the most of Vertical or Horizontal Lookup features, productivity macros and the spreadsheet program's extensive filter function.
What's more, there is plenty of information on how to create data models using pivot tables, edit those data models using Power Pivot, and display them in the easiest to understand and use format possible with Power View. If you have ever wondered about a better way to complete common spreadsheet tasks, you can bet the answer to your problems can be found inside. Save yourself countless hours of frustration coupled with limited results.
Inside, you will find:
- How to use phrases like if, and, or to create more malleable formulas, perfect for any occasion
- The time-saving reasons you will want to start using named ranges and will never want to go back
- The easiest way to create macros without any programing required
- How to get Pivot Table slicers to work with any type of table