As the nights draw in and Halloween is just around the corner, what better to listen to than this collection of seriously spooky stories about ghosts, ghouls and things that go bump in the night. Read to you by an ensemble cast of unforgettable readers - including Imogen Church, Samuel West, Thomas Judd and Robert G. Slade.
Ghost stories became hugely popular during the 19th century, and the Victorians became the masters of the genre. This deliciously chilling collection of Classic Hallowe'en Stories includes authors such as Charles Dickens, Edith Wharton, Edgar Allen Poe, Mary Cholmondeley, Mary E. Wilkins Freeman and M. R. James.
So dim the lights, close the curtains and revel in the frisson of fear from these most chilling of anecdotes.
The stories included are:
- Lost Hearts by M. R. James
- The Phantom Coach by Amelia B. Edwards
- A Far Away Melody by Mary E Wilkins Freeman
- Bone to His Bone by E. G. Swain
- The Truth, the Whole Truth, and Nothing but the Truth by Rhoda Broughton
- The Signalman by Charles Dickins
- The Cold Embrace by Mary E Braddon
- The Monkey's Paw by W. W. Jacobs
- The Eyes by Edith Wharton
- The Nature of Evidence by May Sinclair
- The Little Ghost by Hugh Walpole
- The Furnished Room by O Henry
- Let Loose by Mary Cholmondeley