C# is simple but powerful. C# is a simple and general-purpose object-oriented programming language. Combine this with its versatility and huge standard library, and it's easy to see why it's such a popular and well-respected programming language. Create graphical applications, Web-based apps, and more. When you learn how to program in C#, you will be able to develop Web-based applications or graphical desktop applications. One of the best things about C# is that it's easy to learn...especially with this book. Here's just some of what you'll learn:
- What an IDE is and which one you should use when developing C# applications
- How to create your first program
- The various data types used in C#
- Operators - arithmetic, relational, and logical
- How to iterate of a set of items using four different types of loops
- Ways to make decisions in your code
- About object-oriented programming (OOP)
- What objects and classes are
- All about modifiers and methods
- Advanced topics, such as inheritance and polymorphism
- How to create multithreaded applications to take advantage of several CPUs at once
Practice exercises that will help make programming in C# click for you are included. Includes an exercise at the end of each chapter (along with the solution) so you can practice what you've learned. Great for beginning programmers or those who are new to the Java language.
If you've never programmed before, don't worry. This book will guide you step by step to creating your first software application. If you have some programming experience, then this book will teach you the specifics of the Java programming language.