How parents can help children with Asperger's Syndrome to grow and prosper.
If you are raising a child with Asperger's Syndrome, it can be a real challenge to find answers to your questions and make decisions while trying to keep pace with the latest developments in research and changes in the growth and behavior of your child. This book comes to the rescue by combining the latest medical information and interventions with clear-cut strategies to help your child thrive at home and at school.
- Covers the biological, psychological, social, and spiritual development of children with Asperger's syndrome from 18 months through adolescence;
- Presents the most up-to-date scientific data on Asperger's Syndrome, including the latest neuro-imaging research;
- Offers practical strategies for shaping social interactions, coping with repetitive thoughts and behavior, addressing sensory needs or avoidance, encouraging interests without enabling obsessions, and other challenges;
- Reviews the advantages and disadvantages of available medical treatments, complementary therapies, and early intervention strategies; and
- Is written by a medical doctor and an educator who has a child with Asperger's.
From getting a diagnosis, to finding the best schooling options, to helping your child with day-to-day issues and challenges, Asperger's Syndrome is an essential practical resource you will turn to again and again for reliable and current information.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying reference material will be available in your My Library section along with the audio.
Das sagen andere Hörer zu Asperger's Syndrome: A Guide to Helping Your Child Thrive at Home and at School
Rezensionen - mit Klick auf einen der beiden Reiter können Sie die Quelle der Rezensionen bestimmen.
A very detailed experience on Asperger syndrome
This is a very detailed summary of studies and first hand experience, with valuable advice especially on why is it important to screen children early. It also has brain-developement and symptom details, medication references - along with possible side effects - as well as practical advices for parents, teachers, and doctors. Another very good start for those who would like to know deeper details of Asperger syndrome.