A Newsflesh novella from the New York Times best-selling author that brought you Feed, Mira Grant.
Stacy and Michael Mason are among the most famous heroes of the zombie apocalypse. Stacy, however, has fallen into a deep depression after having to shoot their infected son. In the aftermath of the pandemic, they start publicly documenting the recovery effort, which Michael hopes will take Stacy's mind off of her trauma and help her recover.
As they film the rescue of an enclave of orphans and report on the orphanages that have sprung up to care for traumatized, parentless children, they begin to consider the last, greatest step of recovery: adoption.
More from Mira Grant:
- Into the Drowning Deep
Newsflesh Short Fiction
- Apocalypse Scenario #683: The Box
- San Diego 2014: The Last Stand of the California Browncoats
- How Green This Land, How Blue This Sea
- The Day the Dead Came to Show and Tell
- Please Do Not Taunt the Octopus
- Rise: A Newsflesh Collection