Jetzt kostenlos testen
Coping with anxiety via anxiety management can be effectively achieved if you understand what severe anxiety means and how it progresses. Anxiety disorders are labeled in various categories such as General Anxiety Disorder (GAD), Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), social phobias and panic attacks. Regardless of how anxiety is defined, short-term relief of anxiety symptoms, with the aid of proper anxiety management strategies, is entirely possible.
More often than not, people tend to confuse between stress and anxiety. Stress is basically defined as a mental or emotional burden that you experience. In contrast to this, anxiety is described as uneasiness or nervousness in the presence of danger or over an anticipated situation. If you feel anxiety, you will become stressed out. Similarly, if you feel stressed out, you will feel anxiety. These two terms are often used interchangeably.
In order to begin with stress anxiety management, you should neutralize both your stress and anxiety, but how to achieve this? There are three major aspects that contribute to anxiety in our lives: Physical, Mental and Social. Here are few anxiety management tips that illustrate the key suggestions for coping with stress and anxiety:
- Deep muscle relaxation: It consists of stretching of muscles and therapeutic massages to improve circulation.
- Breathing exercises: It boosts body oxygenation resulting in clearer state of mind.
- Relaxing eyes and hands: It is done by closing your eyes for a minimum of 30 seconds and carrying out wrist-circling. It prevents numbness in hand and dizziness in eyes.
- General body relaxation: Lie down on your back about 15 to 20 minutes. It'll help you regenerate your body's energy.
- Performing co-curricular or divisional activities to take off your mind off the stress causing situation.
- Listening to music can aid in calming stressed mind. Apart from music, meditation also helps in achieving the same
- Daydreaming. Yes, you heard it right. It always helps in uplifting ones mood and provides relaxing motivation.
- Family interaction
- Play with your younger siblings, or friends, or relatives.
- Advice and support from parents or elderly.
Anxiety not only affects you mentally, but also physical. Person suffering from stress and anxiety will often find that he or she has physical symptoms such as fatigue, insomnia, shortness of breath and headaches. Few people may have tremors and dizziness during panic attacks. If are facing all of these or any of these possible symptoms, you can follow the above mentioned self-help anxiety management strategies that can help you manage anxiety without the usage of drugs or other similar substances.
By experimenting different methods each person should try and find out anxiety management skills that are best and work for them. If a person feels that he/she may need professional help, then they should not hesitate. Both your health and lifestyle are at stake. Health professionals such as psychologists, licensed clinical social worker, or psychiatrists can help in guiding you with your anxiety management.