Real Spanish people don't speak like your textbook.... So, it's no wonder you feel unprepared when it's your turn to speak! This book fixes that.
Improve your spoken Spanish from home with 101 real-world conversations in simple, everyday Spanish.
For the first time, you'll learn to speak Spanish in the real world, with 101 authentic conversations in simple spoken Spanish, so you can become confident in the words, phrases, and expressions you need to communicate like a local.
You'll be transported into a real-world story that unfolds between six Spanish characters, told by the people themselves in 101 authentic conversations. With over 15,000 words of real Spanish, you'll immerse yourself in a gripping Spanish drama and get an education in natural Spanish in the process.
Here's what you'll get:
- 101 conversations in simple Spanish, so you can learn the real Spanish spoken in the street, understand spoken Spanish with ease, and have Spanish roll off your tongue more fluently
- Over 15,000 words of dialogue - an unparalleled resource that will immerse you in Spanish at a level you can understand, so you can learn real spoken Spanish without getting lost or overwhelmed
- Real, daily spoken Spanish throughout - it's as if we held up a microphone and recorded the exact words coming out of people's mouths, so you can learn the expressions that real people use on the street. You'll sound more authentic when you speak and make Spanish-speaking friends more easily.
- Situational dialogues from typical daily circumstances, so you'll prepare yourself to survive realistic Spanish encounters, in shops and cafés, and make meeting people and making arrangements second nature
- Conversations that are carefully narrated to be accessible for beginners (A2-B1 on the CEFR), so you can start to learn from real, spoken conversations, even as a beginner, without having to go through the rollercoaster of difficult conversations with strangers
- Each conversation is limited to around 15 lines of dialogue (150 words), so you can get that crucial sense of achievement and motivation when you finish each conversation, and say "I actually understood all of that!"
- Word lists with English definitions in every chapter, so you can get instant translations of any difficult words and focus on listening and enjoying the stories rather than wasting time in a dictionary
Summaries of each conversation which contextualize each dialogue, so you can easily follow the plot and enjoy the story without getting lost. The story is set in Spain and includes expressions that are typical in Castilian Spanish. However, since the conversations use mostly "neutral" Spanish, you'll have plenty to learn, whether you're learning the Spanish of Mexico, Colombia, Costa Rica, or even your local Spanish-speaking community!
Created by Olly Richards, internationally renowned language teacher and author, 101 Conversations in Real Spoken Spanish gives you an education in real Spanish that you won't find anywhere else. You'll be better prepared for using Spanish in the real world, speak with more confidence, and take a giant leap toward fluency in Spanish!
Get the audiobook now!