Written by a practicing emergency physician, The White Coat Investor is a high-yield manual that specifically deals with the financial issues facing medical students, residents, physicians, dentists, and similar high-income professionals. Doctors are highly-educated and extensively trained at making difficult diagnoses and performing life-saving procedures. However, they receive little to no training in business, personal finance, investing, insurance, taxes, estate planning, and asset protection.
This book fills in the gaps and will teach you to use your high income to escape from your student loans, provide for your family, build wealth, and stop getting ripped off by unscrupulous financial professionals. Straight talk and clear explanations allow the book to be easily digested by a novice to the subject matter yet the book also contains advanced concepts specific to physicians you won't find in other financial books.
This book will teach you how to:
- Graduate from medical school with as little debt as possible
- Escape from student loans within two to five years of residency graduation
- Purchase the right types and amounts of insurance
- Decide when to buy a house and how much to spend on it
- Learn to invest in a sensible, low-cost and effective manner with or without the assistance of an advisor
- Avoid investments which are designed to be sold, not bought
- Select advisors who give great service and advice at a fair price
- Become a millionaire within five to 10 years of residency graduation
- Protect your hard-won assets from professional and personal lawsuits
- Avoid estate taxes, avoid probate, and ensure your children and your money go where you want when you die
- Minimize your tax burden, keeping more of your hard-earned money
- Decide between an employee job and an independent contractor job
- And so much more
Das sagen andere Hörer zu The White Coat Investor
Rezensionen - mit Klick auf einen der beiden Reiter können Sie die Quelle der Rezensionen bestimmen.
- Ingo Axton
Great book, further heavy lifting needed elsewhere
Basically the audiobook version of the author's blog, includes sources for further information. A grand introduction and overview!