Jetzt kostenlos testen
The Doorstep Mile
Would you like a more adventurous life?
Are you being held back by a lack of time or money? By fear, indecision, or a feeling of being selfish or an imposter?
Living adventurously is not about cycling around the world or rowing across an ocean. Living adventurously is about the attitude you choose each day. It instills an enthusiasm to resurrect the boldness and curiosity that many of us lose as adults.
Whether at work or home, taking the first step to begin a new venture is daunting. If you dream of a big adventure, begin with a microadventure.
This is the Doorstep Mile, the hardest part of every journey.
The Doorstep Mile will reveal why you want to change direction, what’s stopping you, and how to build an adventurous spirit into your busy daily life.
- Dream big, but start small.
- Don’t yearn for the adventure of a lifetime. Begin a lifetime of living adventurously.
- What would your future self advise you to do?
- What would you do if you could not fail?
- Is your to-do list urgent or important?
- You will never simultaneously have enough time, money and mojo.
- There are opportunities for adventure in your daily five-to-nine.
- The hardest challenge is getting out the front door and beginning: the Doorstep Mile.
Alastair Humphreys, a National Geographic Adventurer of the Year, cycled around the world for four years but also schedules a monthly tree climb. He has crossed the Empty Quarter desert, rowed the Atlantic, walked a lap of the M25 and busked through Spain, despite being unable to play the violin.
The Doorstep Mile is Alastair Humphreys' 13th book.
"The gospel of short, perspective-shifting bursts of travel closer to home." (New York Times)
"A life-long adventurer." (Financial Times)
"Upend your boring routine...it doesn't take much." (Outside Magazine)