The classic guide to teaching children at home for a new generation of homeschooling parents.
In 2019, there were more than two million children being homeschooled. That number doubled during the pandemic and is now likely to continue increasing as more parents worry that school might not be the best place for their children to learn and grow.
Teach Your Own helped launch the homeschooling movement; now, its timeless and revolutionary message of recognizing the ways children come to understand the world has been updated for today’s environment. Parents and caregivers will discover how to navigate:
- Learning in a classroom versus learning in the world
- The difference between a learning difficulty (which we all experience every time we try to learn anything) and a learning disability.
- Schedules that achieve the homeschooling-work-life balance that you want as a family
- The relationship between learning and play
- Homeschooling and technology
- And much more
John Holt's warm understanding of children and his passionate belief in every child's ability to learn have made this book an essential resource for over 40 years to homeschooling families.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.