One mediocre meeting after another quietly corrodes our organization, and every day we allow it to happen. Culture change occurs when a transformational idea spreads to enough people. Like a virus that makes its way from person to person, spreading exponentially faster, so can the Modern Meeting. The status quo must go. Now. Before it's too late.
- 1. Meet only to support a decision that has already been made.
- 2. Move fast. End on schedule.
- 3. Limit the number of attendees.
- 4. Reject the unprepared.
- 5. Produce committed action plans.
- 6. Refuse to be informational. Read the memo, it’s mandatory.
- 7. Work with brainstorms, not against them.