Penguin presents the audiobook edition of Parent Talk by Dr Wendy Mogel.
Are you tired of arguing with your children?
Do you find you're repeating the same messages over and over?
Or perhaps you've given up trying to communicate with your kids at all?
Several years ago Mogel began giving lessons to parents who were struggling with their children, demonstrating how changing the way they talked to them improved how well their child received the message, leading to fewer arguments and less household stress.
In Parent Talk, Mogel elaborates on her approach, teaching parents:
- How to talk to your children at every age from babies through to the teenage years
- How to break the cycle of nagging, pleading, and shouting
- How to feel less like your children are strangers to you
- How to talk to your child about difficult topics such as death and sex
- How to really listen to what it is your child is trying to say to you
- Why talking to girls is a world away from talking to boys, and how to master this skill
- Overcome the distraction of digital devices - for both you and your child
Revealing how each stage of life brings new opportunities to relate better to your children, Parent Talk is the definitive guide for how to talk with your child, conquer parenting frustrations and shape meaningful and lasting family relationships.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying reference material will be available in your Library section along with the audio on our Desktop Site.