Quality management principles to ensure business success.
The success - or failure - of all businesses largely depends on the quality of the products and services they supply. This, in turn, depends on finding the right balance between investment and returns. Develop goods and services that are of too low a standard and no one will buy them; put too much into creating high-quality products and services and you may price yourself out of the market in an attempt to recover your costs. This is where quality management comes in.
A quality management system (QMS) establishes process-driven methods of producing and delivering products and services with consistent results. Assuming your QMS processes are effective, your products and services will meet the expected quality levels every time, giving you greater control over production costs and increasing customer satisfaction.
Currently used by more than 1.1 million organizations worldwide, the international standard ISO 9001:2015 is the world’s most established quality framework. It specifies the best-practice requirements for a QMS that organizations can use to:
- Demonstrate their ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and applicable regulatory requirements
- Enhance customer satisfaction
- Manage costs and improve efficiency
An ISO 9001-compliant QMS is adaptable, continually improves to meet organizational and market requirements, and includes processes for the assurance of conformity and applicable regulatory requirements.
ISO 9001:2015 - A Pocket Guide is a handy reference audiobook that provides an overview of the ISO 9001 quality management standard. It includes:
- A brief history of quality management and ISO 9001
- Useful definitions of ISO 9001 terminology
- A discussion of the requirements of the Standard, including an in-depth examination of clauses four to 10 of ISO 9001, which specify the requirements for a QMS
- Some of the myths about ISO 9001 certification
This is the perfect introduction to the Standard and will help ensure the quality of your products and services, increase customer satisfaction, and enhance your business’s efficiency.
Buy your copy of ISO 9001:2015 - A Pocket Guide now to learn how an ISO 9001:2015-compliant QMS will help your business thrive.