Jetzt kostenlos testen
The Sleep Solution
- Why Your Sleep is Broken and How to Fix It
- Gesprochen von: W. Chris Winter
- Spieldauer: 7 Std. und 25 Min.
- Ungekürztes Hörbuch
- Kategorien: Beziehungen, Elternschaft & persönliche Entwicklung, Persönliche Entwicklung
With cutting-edge sleep science and time-tested techniques, The Sleep Solution will help anyone achieve healthy sleep and eliminate pills, pain, and fatigue.
If you want to fix your sleep problems, Internet tips and tricks aren't going to do it for you. You need to really understand what's going on with your sleep - both what your problems are and how to solve them.
The Sleep Solution is an exciting journey of sleep self-discovery and understanding that will help you custom design specific interventions to fit your lifestyle. Drawing on his 24 years of experience within the field, neurologist and sleep expert W. Chris Winter will help you...
- Understand how sleep works and the ways in which food, light, and other activities act to help or hurt the process
- Learn why sleeping pills are so often misunderstood and used incorrectly - and how you can achieve your best sleep without them
- Incorporate sleep and napping into your life - whether you are a shift worker, a student, or an overcommitted parent
- Think outside the box to better understand ways to treat a multitude of conditions - from insomnia to sleep apnea to restless leg syndrome and circadian sleep disorders
- Wade through the ever-changing sea of sleep technology and understand its value as it relates to your own sleep struggles
Dubbed the "Sleep Whisperer" by Arianna Huffington, Dr. Winter is an international expert on sleep and has helped more than 10,000 patients rest better at night, including countless professional athletes. Now he's bringing his experiences out from under the covers - redefining what it means to have optimal sleep and get the ZZZs you really need.
Includes tips, tricks, and exercises.
"I call Dr. Winter a sleep whisperer. Through his work with top athletes, he’s found an amazingly effective way to show that sleep can be the ultimate performance enhancer - in sports, at work, and in every aspect of our lives.” (Arianna Huffington)
“[Winter’s] well-written explanation of what sleep is and what can disrupt it shows how to make the most of the sleep you do get.” (Library Journal [starred review])
“Until I met Chris Winter, I slept like a baby: I woke every two hours and cried. Then Dr. Winter helped me develop sleep rituals that knocked me out. He was my sleep solution; this book will be yours.” (Peter Moore, New York Times best-selling coauthor of The Eight-Hour Diet and former editor of Men’s Health)