Jetzt kostenlos testen
The Disease to Please
- Curing the People-Pleasing Syndrome
- Gesprochen von: Bernadette Dunne
- Spieldauer: 4 Std. und 20 Min.
- Ungekürztes Hörbuch
- Kategorien: Beziehungen, Elternschaft & persönliche Entwicklung, Persönliche Entwicklung
Who are people pleasers? They are the people who say yes, when they want to say no - the perennial nice person whose resentment is concealed behind their public “happy face”. Now best-selling author and frequent Oprah guest Dr. Harriet Braiker offers help for anyone who has ever felt the resentment of giving 100 percent of themselves to others and getting nothing in return.
The Disease to Please explodes the dangerous myth that “people-pleasing” is a benign problem. It is the first book to treat people pleasing as a serious psychological syndrome, and it breaks new ground in its approach to offer a cure.
Dr. Braiker offers a 21-day action plan for curing The Disease to Please. A daily psychological workout and skills-training program, it will help listeners replace the compulsion to comply with a more conscious and reasoned choice to care. The Disease to Please includes:
- Extensive case studies
- Diary and journal formats to help recovery
- An effective three-stage short-term therapy approach