Jetzt kostenlos testen
We're all a product of our childhood, and if you're like most people, you have experienced some form of childhood trauma. Adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) are at the root of nearly all mental health disorders. Memories associated with ACEs imprint on a child's brain, and can manifest themselves mentally and physically throughout adulthood. So, how can you begin healing the deep wounds of ACEs and build strength and resilience?
In this innovative workbook, trauma specialist Glenn Schiraldi presents practical, evidence-based skills to help you heal from ACEs. In addition to dealing with the symptoms, you'll learn to address the root cause of your suffering, change the way your brain responds to stress and the outside world, and soothe troubling memories. Using the trauma-informed and resilience-building practices in this book, you will:
- Understand how toxic childhood stress is affecting your health
- Rewire disturbing imprints in your brain using cutting-edge skills
- Learn how to regulate stress and emotional arousal
- Discover why traditional psychological approaches might not be helping
- Know when and how to find the right kind of therapy