Kostenlos im Probemonat
Der Titel konnte nicht zum Warenkorb hinzugefügt werden.
Der Titel konnte nicht zum Merkzettel hinzugefügt werden.
„Von Wunschzettel entfernen“ fehlgeschlagen.
„Podcast folgen“ fehlgeschlagen
„Podcast nicht mehr folgen“ fehlgeschlagen
Kostenlos im Probemonat
Für 36,95 € kaufen
The gruesome murders of the beautiful and talented actress Sharon Tate, her unborn child, and four others that same night at the hands of the notorious “Manson family” rocked the nation. As one of the most horrific crimes in modern history, these atrocities, the trial, and the subsequent conviction of Charles Manson and his followers caused a media sensation, spawning movies, documentaries, and best-selling books, including the classic Helter Skelter. A defining moment in an era otherwise associated with radical peace, love, and understanding, this incident is one that still resonates with millions today.
Yet while this crime left an indelible mark on society’s consciousness, it was, first and foremost, a shattering personal tragedy for those closest to Sharon—the loving family left to cope with the emotional devastation of her loss. Now, after nearly 40 years, their story is finally revealed.
Compiled by close family friend Alisa Statman and Sharon’s niece, Brie Tate, Restless Souls draws on a wealth of material, including interviews with the Tates, personal letters, tape recordings, home movies, public interviews, private journals, and official documents to provide a powerful, poignant, and affecting four-decade, three-generation memoir of crime and punishment, anguish and hope, rage and love, that is both a chronicle of death and a celebration of life.
Extending beyond all previous accounts, Restless Souls is the most revealing, riveting, and emotionally raw account not just of these heinous murders, the hunt and capture of the killers, and the behind-the-scenes drama of their trials, but of the torment victims families' endure for years in the wake of such senseless violence.
Tate family members here set the record straight, correcting media misinformation and delving well beyond the official storyline to provide information, much of it available for the first time. Intimate, honest, and heartfelt, Restless Souls reveals remarkable details, including:
- The dramatic role Sharon’s father, P.J., a retired Army intelligence officer, played in finding his daughter’s murderers
- The reaction P.J. had when he came face to face—alone—with Sharon’s convicted killer in a holding room during a parole hearing
- The threats and menace that extended beyond prison walls, haunting the victim’s family for generations later
- The fight Sharon’s mother, Doris, mounted to insure the rights of victims’ loved ones, particularly the right to make an "impact statement" at parole hearings—a legacy that has helped keep dangerous criminals behind bars
- The battles Sharon’s sister, Patti, waged with the entertainment industry as she tirelessly worked to prevent artists from glorifying her sister’s killers in music, art, and films
Told from the Tate’s extraordinary perspective Restless Souls offers a rare glimpse at the post-trauma survival of a family and their journey to find justice and, ultimately, peace—a glimpse that couldn’t be more timely as Charles Manson comes up for parole again in 2012.
Das sagen andere Hörer zu Restless SoulsNur Nutzer, die den Titel gehört haben, können Rezensionen abgeben.
Rezensionen - mit Klick auf einen der beiden Reiter können Sie die Quelle der Rezensionen bestimmen.
- Nora Seegebrecht
Interesting inside after listening to Helter-Skelter. ..The real struggle of victims throughout their life including families members born way after the crime happened..