Drawing on cutting edge research from the Institute of HeartMath, California, as well as Shelley Davidow's extensive experience in working with children and teens, Raising Stress-Proof Kids explores the powerful and potentially long-term effects of stress on our children. Most importantly, it offers simple but effective steps that parents can take to minimize the impact of stress at home and at school.
- These include tools from the author's "Restorative Parenting Toolbox," empowering parents with the necessary skills to:
- Resolve behavior issues
- Deal with temper tantrums
- Resolve sibling rivalries
- Handle bullying
- Cope with teenagers testing their independence
- Navigate the challenges posed by the virtual world, and
- Provide firm, effective guidance when problems arise.