A journey from devastation to inspiration.
International authors and parents Jim and Lisa Valavanis share their inspirational story of what they went through and how they coped and survived when a family crisis struck down their son Sam.
Sam was diagnosed with retinoblastoma at just 12 weeks of age and his parents thought his life was over before it had even begun. They didn't know what it meant to him for now, let alone in the future. How would he, and they as a family, get through this ordeal, and what kind of life would he have? This book will help lift the haze that may come over other families or individuals facing a personal traumatic experience and give them not only a sense of direction, but also of hope for the future.
- why cancer or disability does not mean the end
- how an ordinary family survived through an extraordinary situation
- how parents can help their child cope with grief and loss
- how the power of positive thinking can help you deal with a traumatic life-changing experience
- that you can rise up from the depths of despair to live the life you deserve
- about essential networks and support groups available to assist you through the difficult times
- where to go from here - living a joyous and fulfilling life with a disability.