Understand the principles and practice of COBIT® 5 implementation.
"This is a small book, more like a pocket-book guide really, and its fully packed with concise, factual information that can be used for reference by any practitioner." (Adrian Rossi PhD, CTO & Founder Arc Inc.)
Practical guidance on COBIT® 5
Created for IT service managers, consultants, and other practitioners in IT governance, risk management, and compliance, this practical book discusses all the key concepts of COBIT® 5 and explains how to direct the governance of enterprise IT (GEIT) using the COBIT®5 framework. Drawing on more than 30 years of experience in the IT sector, the author explains the main frameworks and standards supporting GEIT, discusses the ideas of enterprise and governance, and describes the path from corporate governance to the governance of enterprise IT.
The author covers the key elements of COBIT® 5 implementation, including:
- The five principles, the seven enablers, the 37 processes, and the goals cascade
- The implementation of GEIT using COBIT® 5 and an implementation lifecycle
- The COBIT®5 Process Assessment Model (PAM) based on international standard ISO/IEC 15504
Covers the COBIT® 5 Foundation syllabus
For those studying for the COBIT® 5 qualifications, Governance of Enterprise IT Based on COBIT® 5 also covers all the material needed for the COBIT® 5 foundation course, making it invaluable to anyone planning to take the exam.
- Key Frameworks and Standards Supporting Governance of Enterprise IT; 3. COBIT® - From IT Audit to GEIT
- Overview of COBIT® - Governance of Enterprise IT
- The Seven Enablers of COBIT®5
- Domains and Processes
- Implementation of GEIT with COBIT5
- COBIT®5 Process Assessment Model (PAM)
- COBIT®5 Resources
- Appendix A: COBIT®5 Processes and Other Frameworks and Standards Used
- Appendix B: COBIT®5: Process Reference Model
- Appendix C: COBIT®5 Goals Cascade
About the author:
Geoff Harmer is the Director of Maat Consulting Ltd, an independent provider of education and consultancy on best practices for IT governance and IT service management. He regularly presents a wide range of courses that include certification exams - COBIT®, CGEIT, ISO20000 and ITIL®. He has been an Associate Lecturer in Technology with the UK’s Open University since 1999.