Jetzt kostenlos testen

Danach 9,95 € pro Monat. Jederzeit kündbar.

ODER
Im Warenkorb

Bist du Amazon Prime-Mitglied?

Audible 60 Tage kostenlos testen

    Inhaltsangabe

    Daniel Suarez's New York Times best-selling debut high-tech thriller is “so frightening even the government has taken note” (Entertainment Weekly).

    Daemons: computer programs that silently run in the background, waiting for a specific event or time to execute. They power almost every service. They make our networked world possible. But they also make it vulnerable....

    When the obituary of legendary computer game architect Matthew Sobol appears online, a previously dormant daemon activates, initiating a chain of events that begins to unravel our interconnected world. This daemon reads news headlines, recruits human followers, and orders assassinations. With Sobol’s secrets buried with him, and as new layers of his daemon are unleashed, it’s up to Detective Peter Sebeck to stop a self-replicating virtual killer before it achieves its ultimate purpose - one that goes far beyond anything Sebeck could have imagined....

    ©2009 Daniel Suarez (P)2009 Penguin Audio

    Kritikerstimmen

    “A riveting debut.” (Publishers Weekly, starred review)

    “This thrill-a-nanosecond novel is certainly faithful to the techno-traditions of Michael Crichton and should delight not only readers of the 'science gone awry' genre, but general adventure readers as well.” (Booklist)

    “Suarez's not-just-for-gamers debut is a stunner.” (Kirkus Reviews)

    Das könnte dir auch gefallen

    Das sagen andere Hörer zu Daemon

    Bewertung
    Gesamt
    • 4.5 out of 5 stars
    • 5 Sterne
      43
    • 4 Sterne
      9
    • 3 Sterne
      6
    • 2 Sterne
      2
    • 1 Stern
      1
    Sprecher
    • 4.5 out of 5 stars
    • 5 Sterne
      47
    • 4 Sterne
      7
    • 3 Sterne
      3
    • 2 Sterne
      0
    • 1 Stern
      1
    Geschichte
    • 4.5 out of 5 stars
    • 5 Sterne
      39
    • 4 Sterne
      11
    • 3 Sterne
      4
    • 2 Sterne
      2
    • 1 Stern
      2

    Rezensionen - mit Klick auf einen der beiden Reiter können Sie die Quelle der Rezensionen bestimmen.

    Sortieren nach:
    Filtern:
    • Gesamt
      2 out of 5 stars
    • Sprecher
      5 out of 5 stars
    • Geschichte
      1 out of 5 stars

    Well written, but dated

    On the plus side the story is well written and the author knows how to write a basic flow. The production is excellent and the reader compelling. This is why I gave it two stars overall.

    Story: The story was innovative when the book was written. Nowadays it feels dated and seemingly astonishing technological advances turned out to be just unrealistic or are now on par with Pokemon Go. A drastic rape scene is supposedly showing how vile one of the antagonists is, but to me it felt superfluous and voyeuristic. The book's end is the worst part and I guess you need to read the 2nd book to know what the evil master mind wants to teach us.

    If you are looking for a character to identify with, I hope you will be disappointed, because I felt that 90% of them are amoral and despicable. The remaining 10% are just either crash test dummies for the action scenes or inept. Most stayed irrelevant to me and I could not bond with them. Female characters are mostly characterised by their looks and, to my memories never talk without a male character being present.

    In conclusion I am disappointed. The author had many good ideas which are squashed between munchkin characters, unconscious sexsim and lame story telling. If you are tech savvy there are a lot of recognition moments: correctly named algorithms, realistic hacking. That part is fun, but it could not remedy the caveats of the book in my opinion.

    1 Person fand das hilfreich