Insight into the lives of people who work on the edge.
Jobs That Could Kill You is a fascinating collection of candid and intimate conversations with 42 men and women who describe in gripping detail how physical risk is a familiar companion in their working lives, and how they deal with it. In the oral history tradition of Studs Terkel, Jobs That Could Kill You will introduce you to:
- Antron Brown as he launches his top fuel drag racer from zero to over 300 miles an hour in less than four seconds.
- Justin McBride talking about the guts it takes to stay atop a raging 1,600-pound bull.
- Jeff Gammons as he painfully remembers the terrifying screams of Hurricane Katrina drowning victims.
- Cameron Begbie as he recalls fighting hand-to-hand against insurgents in Fallujah, Iraq.
- Crab fisherman Matt Corriere, who describes the harrowing night when he was the sole survivor after the sinking of the fishing vessel Massacre Bay in icy Alaskan waters.
- And dozens more!
Jobs That Could Kill You reveals who these daring people are, what they will endure for a paycheck, and how they feel about their jobs. They speak for themselves, in their own words.
©2009, 2012 Tom Jones (P)2013 Audible, Inc.