From 1939 to 1946, Americans gathered around their radios to listen to The New Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, featuring Basil Rathbone as the high-strung crime solver and Nigel Bruce as his phlegmatic assistant, Dr. Watson.
Witty, fast-paced, and always surprising, these great radio plays, written by the prolific writing team of Anthony Boucher and Denis Green, are as fresh today as they were then.
The latest audio technology has been employed to bring the best audio quality and fidelity to the original performances, which feature nostalgic wartime announcements, original commercials and vintage radio narrations.
This audio program includes the following Sherlock Holmes adventures:
- "The Book of Tobit" and "Murder Beyond the Mountains"
- "The Manor House Case" and "The Adventure of the Stuttering Ghost"
- "The Great Gandolfo" and "The Adventure of the Original Hamlet"
- "Murder by Moonlight" and "The Singular Affair of the Coptic Compass"
- "The Gunpowder Plot" and "The Babbling Butler"
- "The Accidental Murderess" and "The Adventure of the Blarney Stone"
© and (P)1988, 1989 221A Baker Street Associates, Inc. All rights reserved. AUDIOWORKS is an imprint of Simon and Schuster Audio Division, Simon and Schuster, Inc.