Greek Mythology8 Titel in dieser Serie
10 Mythological Heroes & Stories Inhaltsangabe
Ten mythological heroes and stories from Greek mythology, for a delightful overview of the fundamentals of our culture. This is a selection of the most touching and inspiring stories from Ancient Greece; they have all inspired countless works of art through the centuries, often come from even more ancient myths, and are here retold in a detailed and lively manner.
This selection contains:
- "The Myth of Apollo and Daphne" about the revenge of the cruel god Eros on Apollo;
- "Atalanta", the story of the swiftest runner who ever was;
- "Echo and Narcissus", about a nymph who angered a god;
- "Endymion", a shepherd whose beauty made the goddess Diana fall in love;
- "Icarus", this ageless story of failure at the hands of pride;
- "King Midas", the famous cautionary tale;
- "Orpheus and Eurydice", the ultimate tragic love story and one of the most famous Greek myths;
- "Phaeton", a similar story to that of Icarus about the pride of wanting to be like a god;
- "Pygmalion", a sculptor so skilled he fell in love with one of his creations;
- "The Death of Adonis", one of Greece's most touching stories, in which a goddess hopelessly falls in love with a man whose sole passion is hunting.