A Tale Dark & Grimm3 Titel in dieser Serie
A Tale Dark and Grimm Inhaltsangabe
The New York Times best-selling debut by Adam Gidwitz, the Newbery Honor-winning author of The Inquisitor's Tale
Featuring cover by Caldecott Medal winner Dan Santat
"Unlike any children's book I've ever read.... Classic." (The New York Times Book Review)
Hansel and Gretel walk out of their own story and into eight other classic Grimm (and Grimm-inspired) fairy tales. An irreverent, witty narrator leads us through encounters with witches, warlocks, dragons, and the devil himself. As the siblings roam a forest brimming with menacing foes, they learn the true story behind the famous tales, as well as how to take charge of their destinies and create their own happily ever after. Because once upon a time, fairy tales were awesome.
For more awesome fairy tales by Adam Gidwitz, look for In a Glass Grimmly and The Grimm Conclusion.
Accolades for A Tale Dark and Grimm:
- New York Times best seller
- Selection on the Today Show’s Al’s Book Club for Kids
- NCTE Notable Children’s Books in the Language Arts Selection
- An E. B. White Read Aloud Honor Book
- New York Times Editors’ Choice pick
- Publishers Weekly Flying Start
- School Library Journal Best Book of the Year
- ALA Notable Book