WordTheatre, the short story performance specialists, casts the perfect actors to bring great contemporary writing to life.
Recorded live with many of the writers present, these nine exquisitely crafted stories navigate fragile yet defining moments of transformation that inform us at every age. Perhaps a time or a place, a friend or relative, those memories that leaves an indelible mark, spark the imaginations of these wonderful authors.
- Vanessa Aspillaga reading "Lucho" by Patricia Engel
- Dean Chekvala reading "To Psychic Underworld" by Dan Chaon
- Cassidy Freeman reading "The Summer Before" by Alethea Black
- Mae Whitman reading "Swan Lake" by Meg Howrey
- Gary Cole reading "Walls" by Tod Goldberg
- Justin Chambers reading "Loser" by Aimee Bender
- Vincent Piazza reading "White Angel" by Michael Cunningham
- Eliza Pryor Nagel reading "The Russian Children Aren’t Happy" by Ellen Slezak
- Dana Delany reading "Sea World" by Janet Grillo
Produced and directed by Cedering Fox; edited by Sara Bencivenga; mixed and mastered by Theo Mondle; music composed by Greg Chun. WordTheatre gives voice to great writing. We are an innovative, internationally recognized, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to inspiring empathy, curiosity, and conversation through powerful and entertaining performances, both live and recorded, of the world's best contemporary literature. We aim to ignite a passion for reading, writing and self-expression in our community and in future generations.