Toyota doesn't just produce cars; it produces talented people. In the international best seller, The Toyota Way, Jeffrey Liker explained Toyota's remarkable success through a 4P model for excellence - Philosophy, People, Problem Solving, and Process. Liker, with coauthor David Meier, provided deeper insight into the practical application of the principles in The Toyota Way Fieldbook. Now, these authorities on Toyota reveal how you can develop talented people and achieve incredible results in your company.
Toyota Talent walks you through the rigorous methodology used by this global powerhouse to grow high-performing individuals from within. Beginning with a review of Toyota's landmark approach to developing people, the authors illustrate the critical importance of creating a learning and teaching culture in your organization. They provide specific examples necessary to train employees in all areas - from the shop floor to engineering to staff members in service organizations - and show you how to support and encourage every individual to reach his or her top potential.
Toyota Talent provides you with the inside knowledge you need to
- Identify your development needs and create a training plan
- Understand the various types of work and how to break complicated jobs into teachable skills
- Set behavioral expectations by properly preparing your workplace
- Recognize and develop potential trainers within your workforce
- Effectively educate nonmanufacturing employees and members of the staff
- Develop internal Lean Manufacturing experts
Guiding you with expert tips and training aids, as well as real-world examples drawn from the authors' two decades of research and field work, Liker and Meier show you how to get the most out of people who live and breathe your company's philosophy - and who work together toward a common goal.