If you want to discover the captivating history of the Victorian era, then pay attention....
When Queen Victoria stepped onto the throne of Great Britain and Ireland in 1837, gone were the days when the monarch had supreme authority over the kingdom. Victoria ruled at the head of a government with which she was meant to converse, debate, and ultimately guide, and it was a job she sometimes struggled to perform. Victoria described herself as an emotional creature and blamed her gender for what she believed were her shortcomings as a monarch.
In The Victorian Era: A Captivating Guide to the Life of Queen Victoria and an Era in the History of the United Kingdom Known for Its Hierarchy-Based Social Order, you will discover topics such as
- An unexpected heiress
- The accession
- A palace, a groom, and two scandals
- Rats, fleas, and other Victorian pests
- The cholera epidemic of 1846-1860
- The sanitation revolution
- A queen in mourning
- Anatomy, medicine, and the body snatchers
- Frankenstein, horror, and science fiction
- Egyptomania, scientific racism, and the Suez Canal
- Cults and the Church of England
- A letter from China
- The Industrial Revolution
- Homelessness and poverty
- Victorian spirits and spirituality
- A Victorian Christmas
- The Victorians on evolution
- Madness, hysteria, and masturbation
- Empress of India
- Jack the Ripper
- The 20th century
- And much, much more!
So if you want to learn more about the Victorian era, listening to this audiobook!