A roadmap for understanding the business challenges and opportunities in China.
By 2025, China and India will be two of the world's four largest economies. By then, economic ties between them should also rank among the 10 most important bilateral ties worldwide. Their leaders are well aware of these emerging realities. In May 2013, just two months after taking charge, Premier Li Keqiang left for India on his first official trip outside China, a clear signal of China's foreign policy priorities.
The Silk Road Rediscovered is the first book ever to analyze the growing corporate linkages between India and China. Did you know that:
- India's Mahindra is the fifth largest tractor manufacturer in China?
- Tata Motors' Jaguar Land Rover unit is the fastest growing luxury auto seller in China?
- India's NIIT is the most influential IT training brand in China?
- China's Huawei has its second largest R&D center in Bangalore and employs over 5000 people in India?
- Shanghai Electric earns its largest revenues outside China from India?
As these developments illustrate, pioneering Indian and Chinese companies are rediscovering the fabled Silk Road which joined their nations in ancient times. Winning in each other's markets is also making them stronger and whetting their appetite for further global expansion.
This audiobook examines how Indian companies such as Tata Consultancy Services, Mahindra Tractors, NIIT, Tata Motors/Jaguar Land Rover and Sundaram Fasteners have figured out how to win in China. Their experiences may inspire and offer lessons to other Indian companies. The book also examines how Chinese pioneers such as Lenovo, Huawei, TBEA, Haier and Xinxing have made a strong commitment to India and are beginning to realize the fruits of this commitment.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying reference material will be available in your My Library section along with the audio.