This book begins with a bold idea. Learning should be epic. Definition of epic:
1. A story or narrative centered around a hero
2. Spectacular; impressive; memorable
If learning is not memorable, should it even be considered learning? For too long, traditional education has used outdated practices to deliver complex and well-intended content to students with very little hope of that subject matter being retained. It often looks like this:
- Lectures are given
- Students write the information down
- Students take a test on that information
- Information is discarded from the brain
- How to increase student engagement
- How to plan and execute an effective approach to project-based learning
- Specific strategies for leading engaged students
- Outlines and tools to plan and manage projects
- Methods to increase academic performance in students
Das sagen andere Hörer zu The Epic Classroom
Rezensionen - mit Klick auf einen der beiden Reiter können Sie die Quelle der Rezensionen bestimmen.
I listened to Trevor Muir's book two times in a row. It's very motivating and I have to try his approach of an epic classroom! Read it yourself and get inspired.