It's completely understandable if you're in the dark about alchemy. It has been practiced around the world and linked to various religious rites, scientific experiments and, of course, magic - a series of beliefs and disciplines that defy categorisation and definition.
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Alchemy demystifies this ancient art with an easy-to-comprehend overview of its history, philosophies and practices. In it, you get:
- The basic principles of alchemy - including the Three Essentials that are present in all things
- The alchemist's code - ciphers, signs, symbols, sacred geometry and more
- A list of tonics, elixirs and other alchemical medicines
- The three stages of alchemical transformation
- The meaning and power of the Four Elements - Fire, Water, Air and Earth - and the Fifth Element, the Quintessence
- A look at the relationship between alchemy and science
- An exploration of the significance of the Philosopher's Stone
- A behind-the-scenes tour of a medieval alchemist's laboratory
Sit back and enjoy Kris Dyer reading you The Complete Idiot's Guide to Alchemy!
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying reference material will be available in your Library section along with the audio on our Desktop Site.